Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's a new day. I now wake up wondering what new things will come along. Before my baritric surgery 2 years ago, I really didn't look forward to getting up in the morning and going to work or whereever. I had to plot and plan everything I did. I couldn't just get in my car and go. I would sit in the parking lot of the grociery store plotting and planning how to get around the store. I would do this for a good 30 minutes. Then 9 out of 10 times, I would go back home. It was just too overwhelming for me to have to walk the isles to get what I needed. I wasn't sure that I could make it around without falling over from being out of breath. I hated using the scooters that were available. I was embarressed and humiliated using them. I just felt like everybody was staring at me.

Today, my life is so different. It is such a blessing to know I don't have to think about how I am going to get around. Now I just go. I rememeber going to my sister's for Christmas and calling her along the way to see if she needed anything from the store before I got there. I think she just about fell over, because I would have never done that before. I love being able to just go and do things, like go to a park to walk, or go shopping with a friend. My life is mine now and worth living every bit of it.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment