Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I have heard of writers block, but I think I have bloggers block. It is so difficult to write about oneself when it means that everybody and their cousin can read it. It is so personal and the emotions are still so close to the surface that it is hard to write and not cry all over the computer at the same time. But I have a story that I feel needs to be told. A story that I am hoping will encourage and maybe even help one person to realize that they are not alone in their world of obesity. That there is help if you want it and I am one who wanted it. I am also one that would like to share my success with others to help them with their own "Rescue from Obesity".

I begin with my life verse Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. If you asked what those plans were, I could not tell you. I still am not sure. All I know is that I feel that God wants to use me to help those afflicted with obesity and to give them hope and a future. When I started this journey, I was so scared that I was going to die and I was not ready. There were things that I wanted to do and I knew that I couldn't do them being locked up in this huge body that could only sit. I know that there are others just like me and I would so like to help them.

So, I began to pray and then beg and finally pleaded for God to come to my rescue because where else could I go. There was no other place for me to go. I had been having some female issues and I was facing the possiblity of cancer of the uterus. I had just had my third D&C in less than a year. My doctor talked with me about having bariatric surgery. I let her know that I would love to have it if only I had the funds to do it with. My insurance at the time did not cover any kind of bariatric surgery. She offered to see what she could do to help. One night though, I heard a voice that only I could hear, "If you want the surgery you cannot depend on Kim to do the work, you have to do the researching and looking into it. So it began...

I looked into OSU and Mt Carmel. I knew that I would be self pay and needed a place that would have that kind of program. Both had great programs, but both were just way out of my league. I looked into Riverside and they too, had a good program, but were even farther out of my league. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Finally, a friend at work gave my information for a doctor in Cincinnati at Deaconess Hospital. So I did some reseach on him. I then made an appoointment to go to an informtion seminar to find out more about the surgery and to see if this doctor could be a good fit. Little did I know that on December 18th, 2007, I was about to meet the doctor that God had chosen for me. To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment