Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am kind of liking the "God wants you to know..."from FB. Today, it read something to the affect that if you need a helping hand you can find one at the end of your arm. Sometimes you will discover that you have 2 hands. One to help yourself and one to help another.

I love helping people whenever I can. I especially have enjoyed mission work. I have participted in a ministry here in Columbus for several years now and feel that I get more out of it than they do.

Today, I met a new friend via FB. She was writing about the fact that she was stalled at losing weight and was looking for some answers or some help. She had already lost a substantial amout of weight, but needed some reassurance. I really felt that God had me read her post at the right time so that He could use me to help her. Give her some answers to what she might want to try to get the scale moving down again, but what I didn't expect was that He used her to help me also.

Having bariatric surgery is such a major event. It takes such courage to admit that you have a problem and need help. Not to mention the courage it takes to put yourself on the operating table and let someone take most of our stomach away. Unless you have been through it, you probably won't understand it.

You go through so many changes. I can't even describe all the changes that you go through. It's not only physical, but very emotional as well. There have been times when I just could not get to the other side of the wall. I couldn't find the door that I needed to go through. I have been so lonely at times. Having a support group or a friend who has gone through bariatric surgery can be so helpful. It's important to talk to someone who can understand. So, today I not only found a hand to help somebody, but I found a hand from somebody that helped me. Thank you, my new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment