Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beginning of a Rescue




Today, I went for a walk. It wasn't just any walk. It was a "Walk from Obesity" One might say "So you went for a walk. Big deal." Two years ago I would not have been able to do this walk. Two years ago I was so overweight that I could barely walk, barely breath, barely do anything. I was desperate. I was facing death and I was not ready to die. I was desperate and I needed to be rescued. I beggged and pleaded with God to rescue me. Little did I know that my prayers would be answered in a "Big" way. A way that one knows only God could have done this. Two years ago this is what I looked like 3 hours before Bariatric Surgery.
Today just before the "Walk from Obesity", this is what I looked like. What a change my life has been since I have been "Rescued from Obesity" In future posts I will tell more about my story and the changes my life has gone through. So, please stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. You need to be proud. You chose to save your life. And now you want to help others save their lives. Your obesity was a real medical condition that took away your dignity and was threatening your life. No more. Yours is a story of courage, faith,overcoming huge obstacles and success.
    Thank you for sharing not just your story, but everyone like you who chooses to change their life and leave suffering behind.

    ReplyDelete