Monday, May 24, 2010

I have a FaceBook page like many people do. I have reconnected with many people from high school and college. It is fun and interesting to catch up with everybody. One of the things that I have on my page is the application "God wants you to know..." The other day God wanted me to know that I can get back to solving all the wrong things in a moment, but how about taking time to treasure all of the good things that are happening.

So for tonight, instead of going on and on about my journey and how bad I was, I would like to take you to how wonderful life is because I have had bariatric surgery. I really do treasure all of the blessings that I have been given. From being blessed to find a doctor that would take me on and for him to have a wonderful staff that took great care of me.

I have also been blessed with a church family that has completely supported me and has been there for me. One of the biggest blessings of support though has been my family. They have been with me through it all and still love me. I could not have gotten through this without them.

Since the surgery there have been so many little WOW moments. Like being able to fit behind the steering wheel of my car and not be squeezed to death. One of my sister's asked me how far I have moved my seat up. I told her I hadn't moved it at all. I was enjoying the space too much.

Another WOW moment came when I went to lunch with my niece and her family and her youngest daughter said "Aunt Ani, you don't huff and puff anymore. What a great thing that was.

A WOW moment also occurred when shopping with my oldest sister and being able to buy a shirt in a regular store and not a BIG girl store as I call them. Actually, just being able to go shopping has been a treasure to behold. And now that I think of it, how did I ever live without jeans. I love my jeans!

So, tomorrow I can go back to solving all the wrong things in my life, but for right now I am going to treasure all the wonderful things that have come my way because I was blessed to have bariatric surgery and change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment