Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Support Group

As I get farther out from surgery, I am finding it more and more important to go to a support group. I lost my group a year ago when my doctor's office was closed down by the hospital that ran the program. It was very hard to deal with. Not only did I lose my AWESOME doctor, but I also lost my AWESOME support group. The hospital decided that they were not going to continue that part of the program either. I was devistated. I fully admit that I was not ready to be out on my OWN per say. I still needed my group so that I could get use to this NEW me. I lost my identity when I lost all my weight and I wasn't sure who I was anymore. I have floundered this past year because of it. I needed that support to help me through that. I longed for that support. Who knows better of what you are going through, than others who have also had the surgery.

Some of us have tried over the past year to start a group, but we didn't have a place to meet and we had scheduling problems. With a group that is already together the dates and times are already set so, you knew that on the third Wednesday of each month you had group and you worked out the conflict to get there. I always did, even though I had to drive 2 hours one way to get there. It was that important to me.

Tonight, I am going to a new support group. It will be different not seeing the ones from my original group, but maybe it is time to let go of that and move on. Who knows what God has in store for me there. It maybe something quite wonderful. It might be just the boost that I need to continue my journey. I know that I am not finished with it yet. Of course, I am not sure that anybody is ever really done with their journey. Say a prayer for me and I will do the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment